Vision and Mission
Our mission and duties:
- Conduct audits on annual financial statement, annual Government Qatia statement and provide recommendations about it.
- Execute audits on financial and accounting affairs particularly on compliance of revenue and expenditures in the organizations, enterprises and institutions.
- Execute special audits in the organizations based on presidential decree.
- Conduct audit and provide recommendation about financial statements and foreign aids, which are spent through the Government budget.
- Conduct audits on accounting and financial affairs of franchisee/branches of public enterprises abroad.
- Audit the internal audit departments of the ministries and public organizations.
- Conduct performance audit to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and economic aspects of the projects.
- Develop and promote environmental audit.
- Ensure that the plans implementations have contributed to the economic, social and financial growth of the organizations.
- Conduct audit in way that results in national development and socio-economic growth of free market.
- Identify the deficiencies, shortcomings, and monetary discrepancies during audits and providing analytical conclusions for implementation and improvement of the performances in the relevant organizations.
- Providing corrective ideas and guidance to departments and organizations for elimination of the deficiencies.
- Identify embezzlements of public properties and forwarding them to the Attorney General Office.
- Provide semi-annual consolidated reports on key findings in accounting and financial affairs of audited entities to the president office and National Assembly.
- Develop SAO capacity.
- Prepare legal framework for SAO activities.
- Expand the scope of SAO audits.
- Develop and promote SAO international relationships and follow INTONSAI standards.
- Provide methodic guidance to internal audit departments.
- Provide recommendations about the adjustments on accounting and financial rules, procedures and mandates of audited entities to the relevant authority.
Vision of the Supreme Audit Office
We endeavor to become a model and pioneer supreme audit institution and contribute to improved, accountable and transparent public resources through independent, credible, balanced and timely audit reporting.